Cafe Europe was one of Brisbane’s original European cafes that once operated in Rollinson Building in 1955. Ahead of its time, the café originally served Hungarian Goulash, sauerkraut with csabai sausage, schnitzel and a host of continental small goods.
It was a hardworking young lady, Trudy who was offered a job as a casual waitress in the newly opened café. Working her way up as the head waitress in 1962 she greeted customers for another 30 years before retiring in 1992. Trudy loved working at Café Europe and has many fond memories to share.